Gender Pay Gap Report

NWF FUELS  LIMITEDGENDER PAY GAP REPORT  AS AT APRIL 2017

INTRODUCTION

INDUSTRY BACKGROUND

NWF Fuels supplies a  comprehensive range of oil products coast-to-coast throughout  England and Wales to Domestic, Agricultural, Commercial and Retail customers.

As at April 2017 the Company employed 212 with 91 (43%) of employees in Driver positions and the remaining 57% of employees are within Customer Service, Finance and Management roles.
There are currently 16 employees working part time; 4 (1.89%) male and 12 (5.66%) female.

This report  contains the Gender Pay Gap for NWF Fuels Limited in line with The Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Information) Regulations 2017.

The company is committed to offering  roles on a flexible basis examples include part-time working, alternative working hours and term time working arrangements.

GENDER PROFILE

The gender profile for NWF Fuels Limited at April 2017 was as follows: -

  • Male: 145
  • Female: 67
  • Total number of employees: 212

AVERAGE {MEAN)  GENDER PAY REPORT-APRIL  2017

 The difference in mean (average) hourly rate pay between male and female employees is 8.41%

MEDIAN  (MIDDLE)  GENDER PAY REPORT - APRIL 2017

The difference in median (middle) hourly pay between male and female full pay employees is9.85%

BONUS PAYMENTS

  1. The difference in mean (average) bonus pay (during the preceding 12 months) between male and female colleagues receiving a bonus was 69.59%
  2. The difference between the median (middle) bonus pay paid to males and that paid to females was -10.9%
  3. The proportions of male and female employees who received bonus pay was 17.93% male and 28.36% female

Narrative:

  • 45 employees received a  bonus payment during the preceding 12 months.  26 (58.0%) were male and 19 (42.0%)female.
  • All the recipients of bonus payments held full time positions at the date payment was made.
  • QD contains the higher salaries and most senior managers therefore average bonus payments are higher.
  • The difference between the middle bonus paid to males and that paid to females is £170.

PROPORTION OF MALE AND FEMALE EMPLOYEES ACCORDING TO QUARTILE PAY BANDS

The proportions of male and female full pay employees in the lower, lower middle, upper middle and upper quartile bands were as follows:

Quartile Female Male
QD Upper (75 -  100%) 52.83% 47.17%
QC Upper middle {50-75%) 22.64% 77.36%
QB Lower middle (25-50%) 18.87% 81.13%
QA Lower (0-25%) 52.83% 47.17%

Narrative:

  • Of the total full pay employees 68.4% were male and 31.6% were female.
  • There is 1 female in a senior management position within  band QD and 3 males..).
  • There are 29 middle management roles in QD of which 14 are held by females and 15 by males.
  • This represents a 48.28%/51.73% split.
  • The majority  of administrative  roles are within  QB and QC of which 22 {55%) are held by females and18 (45%) by males..).
  • The biggest pay gap between male and female is in within QD which contains the most senior positions within the Company.

 Statement of Accuracy

As Managing Director of NWF Fuels Limited, I hereby confirm that the above report is accurate to the best of my information, knowledge and belief.

Kevin Kennerley
Managing Director
NWF Fuels Limited

Web Design by Surefire Media


A division of the NWF Group plc. Registered Office: Wardle, Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 6BP. Registered No. 1117133 England. VAT No. GB 278 8387 88